1. Contact center AI is incapable of critical thinking and ethical decision-making
2. Contact center AI lacks emotional intelligence, particularly empathy
46% of contact leaders believe that humans are better at understanding customer emotion than AI solutions.
3. Contact center AI is unable to personalize solutions
41% of contact leaders feel that AI tools cannot independently replicate the human ability to personalize customer interactions.
4. AI has difficulty understanding complex, rhetorical, or nuanced language
5. Contact center AI cannot identify and pivot to accommodate different cultural or accessibility needs
6. AI is incapable of creative thinking, imagination, and innovation
7. Contact center AI cannot support customers that require or demand a live contact center agent
Over 70% of consumers reported becoming frustrated or angry when unable to speak to a live human agent.
8. Contact center AI has insufficient context to handle complex customer queries
9. AI is limited in its ability to handle unstructured data
10. System downtime leaves operations lacking SMEs to manage channels and conduct business
11. Contact center AI contains hidden biases based on limited available and fed data